- Cobridge, Stoke-on-Trent, England, 1863.
- Physical Description:
- 1 jug : relief-molded blue stoneware, glazed ; height 20 cm (including handle), width 19 cm (including handle), depth 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsParks Jug 45Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Commemorates the 1863 wedding of Edward, Prince of Wales, and Alexandra, Princess of Denmark, with the arms of Prince Edward and the Danish Royal Family.
The bottom is impressed with the diamond registration mark for 14 October 1863, parcel 7, within a circular band: "Albion. 9. W.B. Cobridge."
Without a metal lid.
Title from Hughes's Collector's guide.
Hughes, Kathy. Collector's guide to nineteenth-century jugs, v. 1, no. 165
Henrywood, R. K. Relief-moulded jugs, 1820-1900, pages 136-138
- Subject Terms:
- Alexandra, Queen, consort of Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1844-1925 -- Pictorial works.Edward VII, King of Great Britain, 1841-1910 -- Pictorial works.Parks, Stephen -- Provenance.Royal weddings -- Great Britain.
- Jugs (vessels)
Glazed ceramic ware (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.