- England, circa 1850.
- Physical Description:
- 1 jug : relief-molded green stoneware ; height 22 cm (including handle), width 20 cm (including handle), depth 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsParks Jug 46Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- No maker's marks are present.
Without a metal lid.
Title from Hughes's Collector's guide.
Hughes, Kathy. Collector's guide to nineteenth-century jugs, v. 2, no. 79
The design is apparently derived from the Borghese Vase (Louvre), depicting Dionysus among musicians and dancers.
- Subject Terms:
- Dance.Dionysus (Greek deity)Parks, Stephen -- Provenance.
- Jugs (vessels)
Glazed ceramic ware (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.