- England, 1861.
- Physical Description:
- 1 jug : relief-molded green stoneware, glazed ; height 22 cm, width 14 cm (including handle), depth 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsParks Jug 47Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The bottom is impressed with the diamond registration mark for 5 April 1861, parcel 3, without indication of maker.
Without a lid.
The jug is no. 139360 in the Public Records Office. A drawing for the design is depicted in Hughes (v. 2, page 103).
Hughes, Kathy. Collector's guide to nineteenth-century jugs, v. 2, page 103
The design depicts acanthus leaves among simple pointed arches.
- Subject Terms:
- Acanthus.Parks, Stephen -- Provenance.
- Jugs (vessels)
Glazed ceramic ware (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.