Acanthus leaves, circa 1860?
- Acanthus leaves.
- England, circa 1860?
- Physical Description:
- 1 jug : relief-molded white stoneware, glazed ; height 20 cm, width 15 cm (including handle), depth 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsParks Jug 48Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The design depicts acanthus leaves among teardrop-shaped tracery.
Without marks of registration or maker.
Without a lid.
Not described in Hughes or Henrywood.
- Subject Terms:
- Acanthus.Parks, Stephen -- Provenance.
- Jugs (vessels)
Glazed ceramic ware (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.