Collection of blank visiting cards, 1930s or 1940s?
- Collection of blank visiting cards.
- Great Britain, 1930s or 1940s?
- Physical Description:
- 4 boxes ; each approximately 8.5 x 4.5 x 2 cm and 1 packet ; 6 x 9.5 x 0.5 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBJ2095 .V57 FlatAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The four boxes were probably originally issued with 50 cards each, as indicated on the Fairford box.
-  "The Clarion Ivory Visiting Cards" 1 lilac box, 23 blank cards --  "Dickinson's Crystal Ivory Visiting Cards, De Luxe. Specially manufactured for: The Auto Press, West Parade, Kingston-upon-Hull" 1 gray box, no cards. The bottom of the box is annotated in black ink "15th Nov. 1943" --  "50 Fairford Ivory Visiting Cards, J.S. & Co. Ltd." 1 white box, no cards --  "The 'Premier' Visiting Cards, Finest Ivory" 1 dark green box, no cards --  "De La Rue & Co's Thick Ivory Visiting Cards, Finest Quality" 1 packet of cards, sealed in orange wrapper.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Social stationery.Stationery trade -- Great Britain.Visiting cards.
- Printed ephemera.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.