IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The Scher collection of commemorative medals , 
The Scher collection of commemorative medals / edited by Stephen K. Scher with the assistance of Aimee Ng ; essays by Christopher Eimer [and 7 others] ; entries by Walter Cupperi [and 7 others] ; artist biographies by Emma Merkling, Stephen K. Scher, and Davide Stefanacci.
- New York : The Frick Collection ; London : In association with D Giles Limited, 
- Physical Description:
- 655 pages : color illustrations ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryCJ5512.U62 S34 2019 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 568-630) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections.Europe.Frick Collection -- Catalogs.Frick Collection.Medals -- Europe -- Catalogs.Medals -- Mexico -- Catalogs.Medals -- United States -- Catalogs.Medals.Mexico.Portrait medallions -- Catalogs.Scher, Janie Woo -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Scher, Janie Woo.Scher, Stephen K.Scher, Stephen K. -- Art collections -- Catalogs.United States.
- Hunting the wild aftercast: confessions of a medal collector / by Stephen K. Scher
- Note to the reader / by Aimee Ng
- Italy. Art at its apex: the medals of Italy / by Ulrich Pfisterer
- Germany and Austria. A handy mirror for princes and citizens: the rise and dissemination of medals in Germany / by Martin Hirsch
- France. "Proof stones of history": the medal in France, 1400-1900 / by Mark Jones
- The Netherlands. Perspectives in metal: a history of medals of the Low Countries / by Jan Pelsdonk
- England. Illustrating an island nation: the medals of Britain / by Christopher Eimer
- Russia and Scandinavia. The tale of the elephant, the lion, the dragon and other extinct animals
- the early history of medallic art in Denmark, Sweden, and Russia / by Marie-Astrid Pelsdonk
- Switzerland, Mexico, and the United States
- Artist biographies
- Photographic credits.