Photographic pin in remembrance of Queen Victoria.
- Great Britain, 1901.
- Physical Description:
- 1 pin : gelatin silver print, metal, paper ; 6 x 5 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT2280 .P2b Flat AYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- BAC: British Art Center copy housed with a second pin (in the form of a flag) mourning the death of Queen Victoria (GT2280. P2a Flat)
The pin is in the form of a flower. At center is a photographic portrait of Queen Victoria, in a circular metal frame (2 cm in diameter), surrounded by nine petals cut from glossy black paper. The image appears to be from the series of portraits of the Queen photographed by Alexander Bassano in 1882.
- Subject Terms:
- Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Death and burial.
Gelatin silver prints.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.