Book of beasts : the bestiary in the medieval world / edited by Elizabeth Morrison with the assistance of Larisa Grollemond.
- Additional Title(s):
Book of beasts (J. Paul Getty Museum)
- Los Angeles : The J. Paul Getty Museum, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 339 pages : color illustrations ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryND3339 .B66 2019 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- "This publication is issued on the occasion of the exhibition Book of Beasts: The Bestiary in the Medieval World, on view at the J. Paul Getty Museum at the Getty Center, Los Angeles, from May 14 to August 18, 2019."
Errata: The following bibliography and endnotes were inadvertently omitted from cat. no. 28 on pages 148-49.
Includes bibliographical references (315-329) and index.
"This catalogue, accompanying an exhibition of the same name at the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles, examines the type of illuminated manuscript called the bestiary and explores its lasting legacy"--Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals in art -- Exhibitions.Animals in art.Animals, Mythical, in art -- Exhibitions.Animals, Mythical, in art.Bestiaries -- Exhibitions.Bestiaries.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- Themes, motives -- Exhibitions.Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- Themes, motives.
YCBA Collections Search
Book of beasts ,