Edward VIII, 1937.
- Sutton Coldfield, England : Streetly Manufacturing Company, 1937.
- Physical Description:
- 1 button : Beetleware (urea-formaldehyde resin) ; 4 x 3 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT2280 .P2c Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of Thomas Strong, Yale MFA 1967View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "Beetlware. Made in England." Beetleware, a plastic made from urea formaldehyde resin, was manufactured in Britain by Streetly Manufacturing Company, at Sutton Coldfield (near Birmingham).
The button depicts Edward VIII, facing left, within a wreath border. A crown is superimposed over the year 1937 at top; Edward's name is at bottom. The design elements are molded in white relief, against a red background.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Kings and rulers.Windsor, Edward, Duke of, 1894-1972.
- Pin-back buttons -- Specimens.
Buttons (information artifacts)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.