Coronation of Elizabeth II, 1953.
- Great Britain, 1953.
- Physical Description:
- 1 button ; 4 cm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT2280 .P2d Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of Thomas Strong, Yale MFA 1967View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The maker of the button is unidentified.
The button depicts a photographic portrait of Queen Elizabeth, flanked by the initials E. and R. The words "Coronation of Elizabeth II" arc across the perimeter at top; the date "1953" at bottom. The Queen's coronation took place on June 2, 1953.
- Subject Terms:
- Elizabeth II, Queen of Great Britain, 1926- -- Coronation.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers.
- Pin-back buttons -- Specimens.
Buttons (information artifacts)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.