V for victory : Bundles for Britain.
- Additional Title(s):
Bundles for Britain
- United States, between 1940 and 1945.
- Physical Description:
- 1 button ; 2 cm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT2280 .P2g Flat AView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The Bundles for Britain initiative was started in 1940 by Wales Latham, of New York, to provide knitted goods for British troops during the Second World War. The program grew quickly to an organization with 975 branches and almost a million contributors, affiliated with the British War Relief Society.
The button depicts a large red letter 'V' between the words "for victory" (at top) and "Bundles for Britain" (at bottom).
- Subject Terms:
- British War Relief Society (U.S.)Bundles for Britain, Inc.World War, 1939-1945 -- Civilian relief -- Great Britain.World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- United States.
- Pin-back buttons -- Specimens.
Buttons (information artifacts)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.