I have seen Circlorama.
- London, 1963 or 1964.
- Physical Description:
- 1 button ; 3 cm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT2280 .P2h Flat AYale Center for British Art, Gift of Elisabeth FairmanAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The Circlorama Theatre in Piccadilly Circus, London, surrounded audiences with a 360⁰ viewing experience, using 11 projectors on 11 screens. It appears to have been in business for only two years, from 1963 to 1964. It reappeared briefly at Blackpool Central Pier in 1965.
The typography of the button's phrase "I have seen Circlorama" imitates the 360⁰ band of the theater's screen. The words are printed in red, on a white background.
- Subject Terms:
- Circlorama Theatre (London, England)Motion picture theaters -- England -- London.Motion pictures -- Great Britain.
- Pin-back buttons -- Specimens.
Buttons (information artifacts)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.