Billingsley, Naomi, The visionary art of William Blake , 2018
The visionary art of William Blake : Christianity, romanticism and the pictorial imagination / Naomi Billingsley.
- London ; New York : I.B. Tauris, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 246 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.B57 B55 2018 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 226-238) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 -- Criticism and interpretation.Blake, William, 1757-1827 -- Religion.Blake, William, 1757-1827.Blake, William, 1757-1827.Christianity and art.Christianity and art.Christliche Kunst.Kunst.Religion.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Regeneration: resurrection and apocalypse in Night thoughts (1795-7)
- Inspiration: illumination and prophecy in the biblical temperas (1799-1800)
- Facilitator: ministry as community-building in the biblical watercolours (1800-6)
- Eternal: Christ as universal human form divine (works of 1805-c.1811)
- Iconoclasm: crucifixion as self-annihilation in late works (1804-27).