Billingsley, Naomi, The visionary art of William Blake , 2018
The visionary art of William Blake : Christianity, romanticism and the pictorial imagination / Naomi Billingsley.
- London ; New York : I.B. Tauris, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 246 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.B57 B55 2018 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 226-238) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 -- Criticism and interpretation.Blake, William, 1757-1827 -- Religion.Blake, William, 1757-1827.Blake, William, 1757-1827.Christianity and art.Christianity and art.Christliche Kunst.Kunst.Religion.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Regeneration: resurrection and apocalypse in Night thoughts (1795-7)
- Inspiration: illumination and prophecy in the biblical temperas (1799-1800)
- Facilitator: ministry as community-building in the biblical watercolours (1800-6)
- Eternal: Christ as universal human form divine (works of 1805-c.1811)
- Iconoclasm: crucifixion as self-annihilation in late works (1804-27).