[Calling card for Colonel Lowther , [publisher not identified],
- [Calling card for Colonel Lowther : 31, Bruton Street].
- [England], [publisher not identified], [approximately 1849]
- Physical Description:
- 1 card ; 4 x 7 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBJ2081.A4 L69 1849 BoxYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Calling card printed on cream card with black border. The black border on a calling card indicated a person who was in mourning because of a death in the family.
Colonel Lowther is possibly Henry Cecil Lowther, 1790-1867, who resided on Bruton Street, London, as listed in the London Post Office Directory, 1843.
Post Office Directory, London. 1843, page 969
- Subject Terms:
- Death.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Grief.Lowther, Henry Cecil, 1790-1867.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.Social stationery -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Visiting cards -- Specimens.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.