Baty, Patrick, The anatomy of color , 2017
The anatomy of color : the story of heritage paints and pigments / Patrick Baty.
- Additional Title(s):
Anatomy of colour
- London ; New York : Thames & Hudson, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 351 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryNK2115.5.C6 B383 2017 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Over 1,500 illustrations."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 340-342) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- House and Home.House and Home.Interior decoration -- History.Interior decoration -- History.Interior decoration.Paint -- History.Paint -- History.Paint.Pigments -- History.Pigments -- History.Pigments.
- Paints, pigments and interiors, 1650-1830. Traditional paints; Traditional pigments ; The house-painter and the colourman ; The use of colour in interiors, 1700-1830
- Paints, colour systems and interiors, 1830-1900. The introduction of colour systems ; The use of colour in interiors, 1830-1900
- Paints, colour standards, and interiors, 1900-1945. The development of paints and pigments ; Colour systems and standards, 1900-1945 ; The use of colour in 1930s decoration
- Paints, colour standards and interiors, 1945-1960. Colour standards, 1945-1960 ; The use of colour in 1950s decoration.