Lancelot, Dieudonné Auguste, 1822-1894, Funeral of the Duke of Wellington , 
Funeral of the Duke of Wellington : presented to the subscribers of the Sherborne journal.
- [Sherborne?] : [Sherborne journal], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : wood engravings ; 58 x 93 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2012 1gYale Center for British Art, Gift of David Doret, Yale BA 1968, and Linda MitchellView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title from caption at top.
The broadside incorporates five large images, each with caption (from left to right): The funeral ceremony in St. Paul's -- The funeral car -- Interior of St. Paul's Cathedral -- The funeral procession -- The lying in state at Chelsea Hospital.
The wood engraving of the funeral car is signed "D. Lancelot," i.e. Dieudonné Auguste Lancelot. It's unclear whether Lancelot is responsible for all five images.
- Subject Terms:
- Funeral processions.Funeral rites and ceremonies -- Great Britain.Funeral service -- Great Britain.Military funerals -- Great Britain.Royal Hospital (Chelsea, London, England)St. Paul's Cathedral (London, England)Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Duke of, 1769-1852 -- Death and burial.
- Wood engravings -- 1852.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.