Colbran's new guide for Tunbridge Wells, being a full and accurate description of the Wells and its neighbourhood within a circuit of nearly twenty miles, and notices of the London and Dover railway; illustrated with plates, wood engravings, etc. of most of the principal places.
- <2d ed.> By James Phippen.
- Tunbridge Wells, Printed and published by J. Colbran; 
London, A.H. Baily and Co. 
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.., [v]-x, 353, , 4, 28 p. front., ill., plates (part fold.) fold. map. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 T92 P5 1855Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Advertisements: p. , and 28 p. at end.
BAC : Some plates engraved by J. Smith, and R.W. Smart; after C.T. Dodd. A few illustrations also signed C.T. Dodd.
BAC : Map lithographed by S. Straker & Son; drawn by J.R. Lower.
"Descriptive particulars of the South eastern (London and Dover) railway, containing notices of the several stations, and the principal objects of interest on the line from the Tunbridge station to London, Folkestone, and Dover. By James Phippen": p. -353.
Frontispiece published by J. Harwood; dated 1855.
- Subject Terms:
- Southeastern Railway, England.Tunbridge Wells (England) -- Guidebooks.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.