Thomas, Sarah, 1965 October 26-, Witnessing slavery , 2019
Witnessing slavery : art and travel in the age of abolition / Sarah Thomas.
- London : Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, 2019.
New Haven : Distributed by Yale University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 286 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryN8243.S576 T46 2019 (LC) Oversize ;Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 255-275) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, English -- 17th century.Art, European -- 17th century.Slave trade in art.Slave trade in art.Slavery -- Europe -- History -- Pictorial works.Slavery -- Great Britain -- History -- Pictorial works.Slavery in art.Slavery in art.