Panoramic picture book.
- Otley : W. Walker & Son, [approximately 1830?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet (10 panels) : illustrations ; 10 x 70 cm, folded to 10 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC965.85 .P36 1830Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title.
Rear wrapper lists 10 titles in "This series of Panoramas."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original printed paper wrappers.
The panorama depicts amusing wood-engraved scenes with descriptive letterpress beneath. Depicted are: a young lady at the piano, "How sweet it is to have a little music! This lady you see is amusing herself at the piano, by playing and singing songs"; a gentleman refusing to pay a dining bill "The old gentleman in the picture is grumbling about the money he has to pay, and so the waiter is replying to him very harshly, and ordering him out of the house"; and a child road sweeper, "In London there are many poor boys who earn their bread by sweeping the principal causeways; they are known to all the gentlemen, who give them money for their work."
- Subject Terms:
- Picture books for children -- Great Britain.
- Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.