The battles of Balaklava and Inkerman , 
- The battles of Balaklava and Inkerman : a military spectacle, in two acts : written expressly for and adapted to Webb's characters & scenes in the same.
- London : Printed and published by W. Webb, 
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages ; 15 cm and 20 sheets : lithographs ; 17 x 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsToy Theater Webb Battle of Balaklava & InkermanYale Center for British Art, Gift of Hans P. KrausAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Juvenile drama emerged in England soon after 1800, forming itself from the adult drama of the time. The plays were adapted from their original stage version into a miniature toy version with actors, costumes and scenery intended for a juvenile audience. Characters and scenes were intended to be cut out and dramatized.
The battles of Balaklava and Inkerman was first performed at Astley's in 1855. See: Speaight.
Date of publication from Speaight.
Speaight, G. History of the English toy theatre, 195-196, 203
BAC: British Art Center copy is complete. All pieces are uncolored. The characters have been cut out from the original sheets.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English -- Juvenile drama.Children's plays, English.
Lithographs -- 1855.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.