The Splendours of Stowe , ©1973
The Splendours of Stowe / [edited by Denys Sutton].
- [London] : Financial Times, ©1973.
- Physical Description:
- 65 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 31 cm
- Reference LibraryV 2825Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Originally published in Apollo, June 1973."
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.England.Gardens.Stowe (England)Stowe (England)Stowe Gardens (England)Stowe House (Buckinghamshire, England)
- 'The faire majestic paradise of Stowe' / Denys Sutton
- Stowe House, 1680-1779 / Michael Gibbon
- The gardens of Stowe / George Clarke
- Grecian taste and Gothic virtue / George Clarke
- A history of the interior of Stowe / Desmond Fitz-Gerald
- The picture collection at Stowe / Colin Anson
- Bankruptcy and sale at Stowe, 1848 / Paul Whitfield.