The miller's maid : a drama in two acts : written expressly for, and adapted only to Skelt's characters & scenes in the same.
- London : Printed and published by M. & B. Skelt, [between 1840 and 1850]
- Physical Description:
- 18 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 15 cm and 11 sheets : lithographs ; 17 x 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsToy Theater Webb Skelt Miller''s Maid.Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Hans P. KrausView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- John Faucit Saville's The miller's maid was first performed at the English Opera in 1821. See: Speaight.
The publisher M. & B. Skelt was active from 1840-1850. See Speaight.
Speaight, G. History of the English toy theatre, pages 193-194, 209
BAC: British Art Center copy is complete. All pieces are uncolored. The characters are uncut.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English -- Juvenile drama.Children's plays, English.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.