Harlequin Baron Munchausen, and his comical cream cob cruiser, or, The queen of the fairy steed's haunt : adapted only for Redington's characters and scenes.
- London : Printed and published by J. Redington, [between 1850 and 1876]
- Physical Description:
- 16 pages ; 15 cm and 17 sheets : illustrations ; 17 x 21 cm
- Unable to reach service. Holdings currently not available
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Harlequin Baron Munchausen was first performed at the Victoria in 1839. See: Speaight.
John Redington was active as a publisher of toy theaters from 1850 to 1876. See Speaight.
Speaight, G. History of the English toy theatre, pages192-193, 215
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is imperfect: lacks booklet and characters. Pieces of the wings are missing. Wings are cut and uncolored. Scenes 1, 7, 8 and 9 published by B. Pollack.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is imperfect: lacks some scenery and 3 plates of wings. Booklet included. Plates are both colored and uncolored and are cut.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English -- Juvenile drama.Children's plays, English.
Lithographs -- [between 1850 and 1876].
YCBA Collections Search
Harlequin Baron Munchausen, and his comical cream cob cruiser, or, The queen of the fairy steed's haunt , [between 1850 and 1876]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.