Othello , [between 1840-1850]
- Othello : a drama, in five acts / written expressly for and adapted only to Skelt's characters and scenes, in the same.
- London : Printed and published by M. & B. Skelt, [between 1840-1850]
- Physical Description:
- 20 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 15 cm and 18 sheets : lithographs ; 17 x 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsToy Theater Webb Skelt Othello.Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Hans P. KrausAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Juvenile drama emerged in England soon after 1800, forming itself from the adult drama of the time. The plays were adapted from their original stage version into a miniature toy version with actors, costumes and scenery intended for a juvenile audience. Characters and scenes were intended to be cut out and dramatized.
The publisher M. & B. Skelt was active from 1840-1850. See Speaight.
Speaight, G. History of the English toy theatre, pages 193-194, 202
BAC: British Art Center copy is incomplete: lacks booklet. All pieces are uncolored. The characters are uncut.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English -- Juvenile drama.Children's plays, English.
Lithographs -- [between 1840-1850]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.