Hargraves, Matthew, 1978-, Migrating worlds , 
- Migrating worlds : the art of the moving image in Britain / all text by: Matthew Hargraves and Abigail Miranker.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Art of the moving image in Britain
- [New Haven] : Yale Center for British Art, 
- Physical Description:
- 22 unnumbered pages ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryV 2836Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover title.
Published to accompany the exhibition "Mirgrating worlds: the art of the moving image in Britain" held at the Yale Center for British Art, October 10 - December 29, 2019.
"Migrating Worlds brings together works by eight leading film and video artists: Theo Eshetu, Isaac Julien, Rosalind Nashashibi, Charlotte Prodger, Zina Saro-Wiwa, Zindeb Sedira, John Smith and Alia Syed. The exhibition showcases some of the most innovative and experimental approaches to the moving image, reflecting the ever-expanding repertoire of time-based media being made in Britain today. The selection for this exhibition gives particular emphasis on nature and its landforms, whether urban, topography, wilderness, or the surfaces and depths of the seas..."--[page 3].
- Subject Terms:
- Eshetu, Theo, 1958- -- Exhibitions.Julien, Isaac -- Exhibitions.Nashashibi, Rosalind, 1973- -- Exhibitions.Photgraphy, Artistic -- Exhibitions.Prodger, Charlotte -- Exhibitions.Saro-Wiwa, Zina -- Exhibitions.Sedira, Zineb -- Exhibitions.Smith, John, 1952- -- Exhibitions.Sound art -- Exhibitions.Syed, Alia, 1964- -- Exhibitions.Video art -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.