Phillips, H., -1840, Catalogue of all the ancient and modern household furniture, comprising every requisite domestic article for the use of the mansion, villa, or cottage , 
- Catalogue of all the ancient and modern household furniture, comprising every requisite domestic article for the use of the mansion, villa, or cottage : India Japan screens and tables, fire arms, fowling pieces, models of ships, gongs, three marquees, ... tortoise-shell & ebony cabinet ... chairs and sofas, with embroidered cushions ... : fifty-two Vauxhall plates of looking glass ... : tapestry .. marble slabs on curved pedestals : collection of pictures by the most esteemed Masters : a cabinet of moths, insects, and minerals : Oriental Dresden, Seve, and other china ... : wardrobe of table & bed linen ... : rare coins and bijoutry : a sideboard of 15,000 ounces of rich old chased and modern plate : the cellar of choice and superior wines ... : some brewed ale, 100 dozen of empty bottles : live and dead farming stock, and implements of husbandry ... : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. H. Phillips, ... on Tuesday, the 23d of April, 1816, and ten following days.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Furniture, pictures, wines, plate, linen, armoury, farming stock &c. &c. &c. Exton Park, near Stamford.
- [London] : Smith and Davy, Printers, 17, Queen Street, Seven Dials, 
- Physical Description:
- 78 pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .P45 1816Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-1382
Date of sale: April 23-May 4, 1816.
Place of sale: London.
"This was an eleven-day sale of furniture, pictures, porcelain, wines and even farming stock from Exton Park, the residence of Sir Gerard Noel Noel, 2nd Bart. (1759-1838), near Stamford in Rutland, Leicestershire."--Getty provenance index.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices for some lots.
- Subject Terms:
- Household furnishings -- England -- Catalogs.Noel, Gerard Noel, Sir, 1759-1836 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Painting, British -- Catalogs.Painting, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.