The art of transparent painting on glass : comprising the method of painting, and an account of the implements and materials employed in producing subjects for dissolving views, magic lanterns, etc., chromatropes, and mechanical slides and contrivances for obtaining effects of motion and colour / by Edward Groom.
- London : Winsor and Newton, 1855.
- Physical Description:
- 55 pages : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1595 .G76 1855Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Issued with: List of colours and materials for drawing and water-colour painting, manufactured and sold by Winsor and Newton. The list of colours has separate title page, signatures, and pagination (32 pages).
"With illustrations by the author, engraved by Dalziel."--Front cover.
"Price one shilling."--Front cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy has in publisher's yellow glazed paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' materials -- Catalogs.Drawings materials -- Catalogs.Glass painting and staining.Lantern slides.Winsor & Newton -- Catalogs
- Trade catalogs.
Wood engravings -- 1855.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.