Frank H. White sketchbook.
- Additional Title(s):
J. Tibbett's two-penny drawing book
- Dunstable, England, 1898.
- Physical Description:
- 7 drawings in 1 volume ; 18 x 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC650 .T53 1898+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Drawings & Watercolors
- In stationer's original tan wrappers: "J. Tibbett's two-penny drawing book. Printing and stationery establishment, no. 11, High Street, Dunstable."
Annotated in graphite on front cover: "Frank H. White, Dunstable, 1898."
Tibbett's "drawing book" comprised 22 blank pages. Drawings include: a pair of apples on a branch (p. 1); a pair of pears on a branch (p. 4); a goat (p. 11); a dog, perhaps a terrier, on hind legs (p. 12); two facial studies, with eyes and nose (p. 14); a rural scene, including a man with pipe, woman with basket, and a dog (p. 17); a donkey, unfinished (p. 20). All drawings are executed in graphite, presumably by the Frank H. White named on the front cover, probably in his youth.
- Subject Terms:
- Animals.Dogs.Drawing -- Study and teaching.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.