Paula Rego , 2019
- Paula Rego : obedience and defiance / edited by Anthony Spira and Catherine Lampert ; with texts by Catherine Lampert, Kate Zambreno.
- London : Art Books Publishing, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 175 pages : illustrations (colour) ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.R2543 A12 2019 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Catalogue of an exhibition held at the Milton Keynes Gallery, Milton Keynes, England (13.06.2019- 22.09.2019); Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, Edinburgh, Scotland (23.11.2019-19.04.2020); Irish Museum of Modern Art, Dublin, Ireland (2020).
Celebrated British painter Paula Rego (born 1935) uses symbolically charged imagery in her representational paintings and prints to challenge social codes perpetuated by patriarchy. 'Obedience and Defiance' accompanies a major travelling exhibition of Rego's career since the 1960s and includes previously unseen works and curatorial texts.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Malerei.Painting, British -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Painting, Portuguese -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Rego, Paula -- Exhibitions.Rego, Paula, 1935-Rego, Paula.
- Exhibition catalogs.