The Leeds Mercury extraordinary. Wednesday, June 21, 1837 : death of the King.
- Leeds : Edward Baines and Edward Baines, Jun, Wednesday, June 21st, 1837.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( page) ; 56 x 41 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 16kYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed in six columns. Includes reports from the Leeds Mercury office, and from the London Gazette; the "Proclamation of the Queen"; reports from the House of Lords and the House of Commons; "Progress of the King's illness"; "Form of prayer for the King's recovery"; and a "Memoir of His Late Majesty."
With a black mourning border.
BAC: British Art Center copy includes tax stamp.
- Subject Terms:
- Death.Kings and rulers -- Great Britain.Leeds (England) -- Newspapers.Mourning customs -- Great Britain.William IV, King of Great Britain, 1765-1837 -- Death and burial.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.