IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Aymonino, Adriano, Drawn from the antique , 2015
Drawn from the antique : artists & the classical ideal / Adriano Aymonino and Anne Varick Lauder ; with contributions from Eloisa Dodero, Rachel Hapoienu, Ian Jenkins, Jerzy Keirkuć-Bieliński, Michiel C. Plomp and Jonathan Yarker.
- Additional Title(s):
Artists & the classical ideal
Artists and the classical ideal.
- London : Sir John Soane's Museum, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- 256 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits (some color), facsimiles ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryN8217.C38 A96 2015 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 232-254).
- Subject Terms:
- Art, European -- 16th century -- Exhibitions.Art, European -- 17th century -- Exhibitions.Art, European -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Art, European -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Art, European -- Classical influences -- Exhibitions.Art, European -- Classical influences.Art, European.Classical antiquities in art -- Exhibitions.Classical antiquities in art.Classicism in art -- Exhibitions.Classicism in art.Drawing -- Copying -- Exhibitions.Drawing -- Copying.Drawing, European -- Exhibitions.Drawing, European.Painting, European -- Exhibitions.Painting, European.Sculpture, Classical, in art -- Exhibitions.Sculpture, Classical, in art.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Preface / Abraham Thomas
- Introduction / Adriano Aymonino and Anne Varick Lauder
- Ideal beauty and the canon in classical antiquity / Ian Jenkins and Adriano Aymonino
- 'Nature perfected' : the theory & practice of drawing after the antique / Adriano Aymonino