- Hanley, England, 1862.
- Physical Description:
- 1 jug : white and blue relief-molded stoneware ; 24 cm high (including handle) x 13 cm in diameter (17 cm including handle)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsParks Jug 34Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- One side bears a potrait (in profile) of Prince Albert; the other his coat of arms. With an ornate handle.
The bottom is impressed with the diamond registration mark of OHECL.
Without a metal lid.
Title from Hughes's Collector's guide.
Hughes, Kathy. Collector's guide to nineteenth-century jugs, v. 1, no. 162
Henrywood, R. K. Relief-moulded jugs, 1820-1900, pages 117, 119
- Subject Terms:
- Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861.Parks, Stephen -- Ownership.
- Jugs (vessels)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.