- Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ca. 1860.
- Physical Description:
- 1 jug : relief-molded white stoneware, glazed ; height 21 cm, width 13 cm (including handle), depth 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsParks Jug 43Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Without maker's mark or registration mark.
Title, maker, and date from Hughes.
Hughes, Kathy. Collector's guide to nineteenth-century jugs, v. 1, no. 145
Henrywood, R. K. Relief-moulded jugs, 1820-1900, pages 147-149
The jug depicts a large sheaf of wheat surrounded by flowers.
- Subject Terms:
- Parks, Stephen -- Provenance.Wheat.
- Jugs (vessels)
Glazed ceramic ware (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.