- England, ca. [1820?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 jug : relief-molded white and blue stoneware ; height 14 cm (including handle), width 17 cm (including handle), depth 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsParks Jug 56Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- No maker's marks are present.
Without a lid.
Title from Hughes.
Hughes, Kathy. Collector's guide to nineteenth-century jugs, v. 1, no. 9
Probably issued in 1820 to commemorate the coronation of George IV. The design incorporates the three feathers of the Prince of Wales.
- Subject Terms:
- George IV, King of Great Britain, 1762-1830.Kings and rulers -- Great Britain.Parks, Stephen -- Provenance.
- Jugs (vessels)
Glazed ceramic ware (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.