Foxes and hounds.
- Stoke, England, 1831.
- Physical Description:
- 1 jug : relief-molded green stoneware, glazed ; height 20 cm (including handle), width 16 cm (including handle), depth 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsParks Jug 60Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The bottom is impressed 'No. 20' in the middle of the maker's mark for Minton. Also impressed '12'.
Without a metal lid.
Title and date from Hughes's Collector's guide.
Hughes, Kathy. Collector's guide to nineteenth-century jugs, v. 1, no. 64
Henrywood, R. K. Relief-moulded jugs, 1820-1900, pages 84-85
A high relief design depicting a group of four dogs on one side and four foxes on the other, with a handle in the form of a fox.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting.Foxes.Hounds.Parks, Stephen -- Provenance.
- Jugs (vessels)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.