Sotheby, Samuel, 1771-1842, A catalogue of a valuable collection of original drawings, by the greatest Masters of all the schools , 
- A catalogue of a valuable collection of original drawings, by the greatest Masters of all the schools : particularly the Dutch and Italian, and abounding in choice specimens of the most celebrated artists : the property of a nobleman : also, a few prints, and books of prints, including a capital collection of the works of Jac. Callot ... : with the portfolios that contained the collection, &c. &c. &c. : which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Sotheby, at his new and more extensive premises, no. 3, Wellington Street, Strand, on Tuesday, the 8th day of June, 1819, and four following days, at twelve o'clock.
- Alternate Title(s):
- At head of title: Superb cabinet of original drawings.
- [London] : Printed by J. Davy, 
- Physical Description:
- , 37,  pages ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .S68 1819Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Getty provenance index databases, sale catalogBr-1818
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 9611
Date of sale: June 8-12, 1819.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy annotated in pen and ink with sale prices and buyers' names for all lots. Interleaved between each page of printed text is a blank, lined sheet on which the sale prices and buyers' names are recorded. Sum total of the sale is noted on last interleaved sheet. Bound in half calf with marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Callot, Jacques, 1592-1635.Decorative arts -- Catalogs.Drawing, European -- Catalogs.Prints, European -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.