- Additional Title(s):
- Hanley, England, ca. [1848?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 jug : relief-molded white stoneware, glazed ; height 14 cm (including handle), width 13 cm (including handle), depth 10 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsParks Jug 64Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Without maker's mark. The identical design (in various sizes) was made by William Ridgway & Co. (1835) and Ridgway & Abington (1848), the latter described in Hughes (v. 1, no. 76).
Title from Hughes.
Hughes, K. Collector's guide to nineteenth-century jugs, see v. 1, no. 76
Henrywood, R.K. Relief-moulded jugs, 1820-1900, see pages 70-72
Covered with a naturalistic depiction of bulrush (or cattail, Typha).
- Subject Terms:
- Parks, Stephen -- Provenance.Typha.
- Jugs (vessels)
Glazed ceramic ware (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.