- England, ca. 1840?
- Physical Description:
- 1 font : relief-molded white stoneware ; height 8 cm, diameter 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsParks Jug 69Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Stephen Parks, Yale BA 1961View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Portable fonts such as the one here were designed for the baptism of infants too ill to bring to church. Minton was a prominent maker of such fonts, from the early 1840s. The present example lacks a maker's mark.
- Subject Terms:
- Gothic revival (Art)Infant baptism.Parks, Stephen -- Provenance.
- Baptismal fonts
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.