Christie & Manson, Illustrated catalogue of the distinguished collection of works of art and vertû, from the Byzantine period to that of Louis Seize, collected by the late Ralph Bernal, Esq. , MDCCCLV 
- Illustrated catalogue of the distinguished collection of works of art and vertû, from the Byzantine period to that of Louis Seize, collected by the late Ralph Bernal, Esq. : sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie and Manson : with the purchasers' names and prices.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Catalogue of the celebrated collection of works of art, from the Byzantine period to that of Louis Seize, of that distinguished collector, Ralph Bernal, Esq., deceased : also, of the beautiful decorative furniture and service of plate : which (by order of the executors) will be sold by auction, by Messrs. Christie & Manson, at the mansion, no. 93, Eaton Square, commencing on Monday, March the 5th, 1855 ...
- London : Printed for J.H. Burn, XXIX, Bow Street, Covent Garden, MDCCCLV 
London : Printed by W. Clowes and Sons, 14, Charing Cross
- Physical Description:
- 357, 66 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, portrait ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .C52 1855Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Foreword by J.R. Planché.
Consists of the original sale catalogue issued with printed price list and portrait of the collector.
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 22290
Date of sale: March 5-29, April 17-30, 1855.
Place of sale: London, England.
BAC: British Art Center copy not is not annotated. The collective title page ("Illustrated catalogue ...") is bound before the price list. Bound in half calf with marbled boards. Bookplates:  Earl of Normanton and  Rupert Gunnis.
- Subject Terms:
- Armor -- Catalogs.Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Bernal, Ralph, 1784-1854 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Burn, J. H. -- Publisher.Clocks -- Catalogs.Furniture -- Catalogs.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Jewelry -- Catalogs.Normanton, Earl of -- BookplatePainting, European -- Catalogs.Silverware -- Catalogs.Stained glasss -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.