Grose, Francis, 1731?-1791, The antiquities of England and Wales, 
The antiquities of England and Wales. By Francis Grose ...
- New ed.
- London, Printed for Hooper & Wigstead 
- Physical Description:
- 8 v. fronts. ill. (maps) plates, port., plans (part fold.) 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA100 G87 1815+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Plates engraved by S. Sparrow, Jas. Newton, F. Bartolozzi, P.C. Canot, Morris, R.B. Godfrey, Mason, I. Ellis, T. Bonner, Pouncy, Williams, D.L., J. Peake, Record, Dent, Dranezer, Pye, Grignion, I. Hall, Drawaza, Cook, B. Godfrey, Heath, Mazel, and V.M. Picot; after the author, Paul Sandby, James More, Samuel Ireland, Mr. Payne, S. Grimm, Miss Eliott, Mr. Beck, Samuel Lysons, Rev. Mr. Street, Mr. Thorenby, Mr. Day, Mr. Carter, Mr. Richards, Rev. Mr. Jones, J. Reeves, Mr. Verner, Mr. Miller, Mr. Rowe, Lt. Col. Hicks, Major Hayman Rooke, N. Dance, Mr. Russel, Moses Griffiths, Mr. Tarrent, Mr. Kenyon, Mr. Bailey, Forster, Rev. Mr. Tyson, John Throsby, J. Gosselin, Holler, Th. Sandby, B. Green, Mr. Eyre, jun., Mr. Hearne, Mr. Woollet, Mr. Davidson, Lord Nuenham, Capt. H. Rugge, Mr. Eyre, Canaletti, J. Bayley, Val. Green, Mr. Dall, Mr. Marlow, and Mr. Cozens.
BAC : Imperfect: vols. 1, 2, and 7 wanting.
BAC : Plates published by S. Hooper.
BAC : Text printed by J. Brettell, T. Bensley, S. Gosnell, Gosnell, or Brettell and Co.
BAC : Engraved title pages; title vignettes.
Volume 6 has imprint date 1785.
Plates dated 1774-1787; watermarked 1815. Text watermarked 1809.
Volume 8 has title: Supplement to The antiquities of England and Wales.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Antiquities.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.