Jones, Ben, 1947-, Ben Jones , 2019
- Ben Jones : slate landscapes, 2014-2019 / Ben Jones ; foreword by Nicholas Underwood.
- Bristol : Sansom & Company, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 104 pages : chiefly illustrations (chiefly color) ; 21 x 27 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.J6723 A12 2019 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Ben Jones's sculptures evoke the dynamic of mountain ranges using carved and assembled tectonic like forms to create layered valleys and summits. The use of Welsh slate with its almost mystical riven cleavage has permitted the sculptor to envisage three dimensional vistas overlaying and buttressing alignments. The tightly compressed space contained within each piece offers a depth of perspective to the sculpture unexperienced before. The use of cut and broken surface overlapping as mountain peaks and plunging valleys find new expression in stone carving, giving the practice new energy.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain.Jones, Ben, 1947-Jones, Ben.Sculptors -- Great Britain.Sculptors.Sculpture, British -- 20th century.Sculpture, British.