Riley, Bridget, 1931-, Bridget Riley , 
- Bridget Riley / texts: Michael Bracewell [and 9 others].
- Edinburgh : National Galleries of Scotland, 
- Physical Description:
- 279 pages : chiefly illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 x 25 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.R465 A12 2019 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Published by the Trustees of the National Galleries of Scotland to accompany the exhibitions: "Bridget Riley," held at the Scottish National Gallery, Edinburgh, from 15 June to 22 September 2019. "Bridget Riley," held at Hayward Gallery, London, from 23 October 2019 to 26 January 2020. This exhibition is organised by the National Galleries of Scotland in partnership with Hayward Gallery."--Colophon.
Includes bibliographical references.
This landmark book reflects on almost 70 years of works by Bridget Riley (b.1931), from some of her earliest to very recent projects, providing a unique record of the work of an artist still very much at the height of her powers. Essays from leading scholars and commentators on Riley's work will make this title the authority on Riley's practice.0In the last decade, Riley has continued to push her practice considerably, producing several large-scale site-specific wall paintings as well as continuing to develop new paintings. This book will explore these recent developments. It will also examine the notable influence that other artists such as Georges Seurat and Piet Mondrian have had on Riley's work.00Exhibition: National Galleries of Scotland, Edinburgh, UK (15.06.-22.09.2019) / Hayward Gallery, London, UK (23.10.2019-26.01.2020).
- Directors' Foreword / Sir John Leighton, Dr. Simon Groom, Ralph Rugoff -- Bridget Riley at Gallery One, 1962 / David Sylvester -- Bridget Riley in 'The New Generation', Whitechapel Art Gallery, 1964 / David Thompson -- Bridget Riley at the Venice Biennale, 1968 / David Thimpson -- The Pleasures of Sight / Bridget Riley -- According to Sensation: Bridget Riley in Conversation with Robert Kudielka, 1990 / Bridget Riley -- Bridget Riley / Robert Kudielka -- Painting Now, 1996 / Bridget Riley -- Bridget Riley and the Poetics of Instability, 1999 / Frances Spalding -- Bridget Riley for Americans, 2000 / Dave Hickey -- Seurat as Mentor, 2007 / Bridget Riley -- Work, 2009 -- Introducing the Art of Bridget Riley: an Act of Translation, 2010 / Michael Bracewell -- Creating a Way of Looking, 2014 / John Elderfield -- No Tale to Tell, 2018 / Richard Shiff -- A Parellel Pink Universe, 2018 / Dave Hickey -- The Trialogical Paintings of Bridget Riley, 2019 / Éric de Chassey -- Biographical Notes, 2019 / Robert Kudielka.
- Subject Terms:
- Riley, Bridget, 1931-Riley, Bridget, 1931- -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.