Collier, Carly, Victoria & Albert , 2019
- Victoria & Albert : our lives in watercolour / Carly Collier.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Victoria and Albert : our lives in watercolour
- London : Royal Collection Trust, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 151 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 22 x 25 cm
- Reference LibraryND1928 .C65 2019 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This catalogue was published to accompany the touring exhibition at Laing Art Gallery, Newcastle upon Tyne: 29 June-15 September 2019, Poole Museum, Dorset: 26 October 2019-5 January 2020, Wolverhampton Art Gallery: 7 March-31 May 2020.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
The arts were an important shared enthusiasm of Queen Victoria and her consort, Prince Albert, throughout their marriage. Of particular personal significance for them were the hundreds of watercolors they commissioned to form a pictorial record of their public and private lives together, which they arranged in a series of volumes, called by Victoria the "View Albums." Themes of these watercolors ranged from events in the lives of the royal family to the spectacle and pageantry of the court, from the Crimean War to the industrialization of the Victorian age. In celebration of the bicentennial of the births of both Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, this volume presents an outstanding selection from their collection of watercolors, some of which have never been published or publicly exhibited before. Through these watercolors, this stunning volume illuminates subtle and striking aspects of Victoria's reign and the royal couple's private life and interests.
- Subject Terms:
- Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861 -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861.Albert, Prince ConsortPrince Consortconsort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861.Art -- Private collections.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901.Victoria, Queen of the United KingdomkoninginEmpress of India, 1819-1901.Watercolor painting -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.Watercolor painting.
- Exhibition catalogs.