Holborn, Mark, 1949-, Lucian Freud , 2019
Lucian Freud : a life / compiled by Mark Holborn, in collaboration with David Dawson, Director of the Lucian Freud Archive.
- London ; New York : Phaidon Press Limited, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 250 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 36 x 28 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.F914 H65 2019 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 244-245).
A breathtaking visual biography of Freud, told through his own words, unpublished private photographs, and painted portraits. This unprecedented look at the private life of Lucian Freud begins with childhood snapshots and ends with rarely seen photographs made in his studio in the last weeks of his life. In between, the life of one of the most important artists of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries is vividly documented - through family photos, in images of the painter in his studio with some of his most celebrated sitters, and in portraits by his peers, first among them Francis Bacon.
- Subject Terms:
- Freud, Lucian.Freud, Lucian.Great Britain.Painters -- Great Britain -- Biography.Painters.
- Early years
- The forties
- The fifties
- The sixties
- The seventies
- The eighties
- The nineties
- Later years.