Catalogue of a series of thirteen specimens from the Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History , 
- Catalogue of a series of thirteen specimens from the Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History : illustrative of John Ruskin's mineral collections.
- New Haven : [Yale Center for British Art], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 42 cm
- Reference LibraryV 2845Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Printed to coincide with the exhibition "Unto this last: two hundred years of John Ruskin" held at the Yale Center for British Art, New Haven from September 5 to December 8, 2019.
"The following quotes by John Ruskin correspond to a selection of thirteen minerals on loan from the Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History. The specimens were chosen for their connection to Ruskin's collecting, writing, and teaching."
- Smoky Quartz (St. Gotthard, Switzerland ; YPM MIN.052373) -- Gold (California, United States ; YPM MIN.050037) -- Fluorite (Cumbria, England ; YPM MIN.012324) -- Quartz, var. Agate (Unknown locality ; YPM MIN.058220) -- Quartz, var. Agate (Unknown locality ; YPM MIN.054168) -- Opal (Barcoo River, Australia ; YPM MIN.014593) -- Hermatite (Cumbria, England ; YPM MIN.051777) -- Muscovite (white mica) (Binn Valley, Switzerland ; YPM MIN.025434) -- Fluorite (Mer de Glace, Chamonix, France ; YPM MIN.012252) -- Silver (Himmelsfürst Mine, Freiberg, Germany ; (YPM MIN.050076) -- Hematite and Andularia (Fibia, Switzerland ; YPM MIN.051813) -- Fluorite (Harz, Germany ; YPM MIN.012229) -- Uncut diamond (Sierra Leone ; YPM MIN.042312).
- Subject Terms:
- Rocks, minerals, and resources -- Exhibitions.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 -- Exhibitions.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 -- Knowledge -- Nature.Yale Center for British Art -- Exhibitions.