A catalogue of a valuable and extensive collection of ancient and modern prints, the entire property of a nobleman of high rank : Part the third : consisting of many extremely rare and curious prints by the engravers of the the early German School, the master of 1466, Martin Schoengauer, Israel van Mecken, &c. &c., the Italian School comprises all the best works of Marc Antonio and his followers Agostino Veneziano, Marco da Ravenna, Giulio Bonasone ... British portraits, chiefly subsequent to Granger, English topography in illustration of Camden's Britannia, which together with the portfolios which contained this collection will be sold by auction / by Mr. Phillips.
- Additional Title(s):
Collection of ancient and modern prints. Part the third
- [London] : Printed by J. Davy, 
- Physical Description:
- , 187-299,  pages ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8640 .P45 1834Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lugt identifies the sellers as the Duke of Buckingham.
Catalog includes lot numbers 2444-4058.
"Specimens of nielli, by Maso Finiguerra, &c.; fine engravings of the French school, including an almost unique proof of the Holy Family by Edelinck, &c."
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 13728
Place of sale: London.
Date of sale: July 14-26, 1834.
BAC: British Art Center copy has bound with it the catalogs for the first two parts of the present auction (in reverse order). Bound in later buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Buckingham and Chandos, Richard Temple Nugent Brydges Chandos, Duke of, 1776-1839 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Engraving, European -- Catalogs.Meckenem, Israhel van, -1503 -- Catalogs.Prints, British -- Catalogs.Prints, European -- Catalogs.Raimondi, Marcantonio, approximately 1480-approximately 1534 -- Catalogs.Schongauer, Martin, active 15th century -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
YCBA Collections Search
Phillips, H., -1840, A catalogue of a valuable and extensive collection of ancient and modern prints, the entire property of a nobleman of high rank , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.