Thuringia landgraviatus / auct. Adolario Erichio Anderslebiano.
- [Amsterdam] : Johan et Cornelium Blaeu, [1650?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map; 40 x 51 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2015 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale approximately 1:300,000 -- (E 9°57ʹ28ʺ--E 12°04ʹ33ʺ/N 51°23ʹ27ʺ--N 50°23ʹ56ʺ).
- Relief shown pictorially by hachures.
Includes title in the decorative cartouche to the lower left, surrounded by putti.
Includes dedication to Joachim Vicofortius in the cartouche to the lower right, with armorial above.
BAC: British Art Center copy is bound en plano (unfolded) as map 84 in part 1 of a composite atlas issued by Nicolaes Visscher with title: Atlas minor, sive, Geographia compendiosa, ca. 1716 (Folio C 2015 1) (the numbering written in black ink at top right). Hand-colored, with use of gold.
- Subject Terms:
- Thuringia (Germany) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1650.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.