The beginnings of the cinema in England 1894-1901 / John Barnes.
- Additional Title(s):
Beginnings of the cinema in England
Spine title v. 2: Rise of the cinema in Great Britain
Spine title v. 3: Pioneers of the British film
Spine title v. 4: Filming the Boer War
- Exeter [England] : University of Exeter Press, 1996-1998.
- Physical Description:
- 5 volumes : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Reference LibraryPN1993.5.G7 B26 1996 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vol. 1 is rev. and enl. ed. of the 1976 ed. originally published by David & Charles.
Vols. 2-4 originally published by Bishopsgate Press, 1982-1992.
Vols. 1 & 5 edited by Richard Maltby.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Subject Terms:
- Cinematography -- History.Cinematography.Documentary films -- Great Britain -- History.Documentary films.Film.Films.Great Britain.Groebritannien.Motion pictures -- Great Britain -- History.Motion pictures.
- v. 1. 1894-1896
- v. 2. 1897
- v. 3. 1898
- v. 4. 1899
- v. 5. 1900.