William Powell Frith , 2019
William Powell Frith : the people's painter / edited by Richard Green and Jane Sellars.
- London : Philip Wilson Publishers, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 192 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.F932 A12 2019 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition 'William Powell Frith: the People's Painter' at the Mercer Art Gallery, Harrogate, 15 June-29 September 2019."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Frith, William Powell, 1819-1909 -- Exhibitions.Frith, William Powell, 1819-1909.Frith, William Powell, 1819-1909.
- Introduction and Acknowledgements
- Frith's Critical Fortune / Richard Green
- Frith, Family Life and Friends:
- Frith's Yorkshire Connections / Richard Green
- In Frith's Studio
- The Painter of Modern Life:
- Victorians at Leisure: Ramsgates Sands / Caroline Arscott
- Frith's Derby Day / Mark Bills
- The Painter of Modern Life: London:
- 'Frith's Grand Picture of the Railway Station Nightly Realized': the People's Painter in the People's Theatre / Robert Whelan
- Private Views: William Powell Frith, Harry Furniss and Oscar Wilde / Anne Anderson
- Frith and Writers, Past and Present:
- Admiration and Sensation: William Powell Frith and Mary Elizbeth Braddon / Jane Sellars
- Frith and Literature
- Frith's 'Olden Time':
- Friths Construction of an English Rural Idyll in the 'Olden Time' / Alex Werner
- From Pictures to Print:
- Art for All: Frith and the Print Trade, 1840-1890 / Donato Esposito.