William Powell Frith , 2019
William Powell Frith : the people's painter / edited by Richard Green and Jane Sellars.
- London : Philip Wilson Publishers, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 192 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18.F932 A12 2019 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Published on the occasion of the exhibition 'William Powell Frith: the People's Painter' at the Mercer Art Gallery, Harrogate, 15 June-29 September 2019."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Frith, William Powell, 1819-1909 -- Exhibitions.Frith, William Powell, 1819-1909.Frith, William Powell, 1819-1909.
- Introduction and Acknowledgements
- Frith's Critical Fortune / Richard Green
- Frith, Family Life and Friends:
- Frith's Yorkshire Connections / Richard Green
- In Frith's Studio
- The Painter of Modern Life:
- Victorians at Leisure: Ramsgates Sands / Caroline Arscott
- Frith's Derby Day / Mark Bills
- The Painter of Modern Life: London:
- 'Frith's Grand Picture of the Railway Station Nightly Realized': the People's Painter in the People's Theatre / Robert Whelan
- Private Views: William Powell Frith, Harry Furniss and Oscar Wilde / Anne Anderson
- Frith and Writers, Past and Present:
- Admiration and Sensation: William Powell Frith and Mary Elizbeth Braddon / Jane Sellars
- Frith and Literature
- Frith's 'Olden Time':
- Friths Construction of an English Rural Idyll in the 'Olden Time' / Alex Werner
- From Pictures to Print:
- Art for All: Frith and the Print Trade, 1840-1890 / Donato Esposito.