Catalogue of an extensive collection of early British and foreign engraved portraits, sold by order of Mrs. Alfred Morrison from the collection of the late Alfred Morrison : which will be sold by auction by Messrs. Sotheby & Co. ... at their large galleries ... on Monday, November 21st, 1927, and two following days.
- [London] : [Printed by Riddle, Smith, & Duffus], 
- Physical Description:
- 55 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN8650 .S62 1927Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of sale: November 21-23, 1927.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is annotated in ink with sale prices and buyers' names for all lots. Bound in later green buckram. Lacks frontispiece. Original wrappers bound in.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Engraving -- Catalogs.Morrison, Alfred, 1821-1897 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Portrait prints -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogs.
YCBA Collections Search
Sotheby & Co. (London, England), Catalogue of an extensive collection of early British and foreign engraved portraits, sold by order of Mrs. Alfred Morrison from the collection of the late Alfred Morrison , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.